We may one day have, because of chivalrous men and ideological feminism, a Feminist News Network channel whose slogan might be “All News Only About Women All the Time.” The jump-starter may be “NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams.” It is run by a woman who apparently is a feminist. It regularly reports on women’s health and far less frequently on the health of the group that has the shorter life span and dies sooner of the 14 leading causes of death. (Black men, the unhealthiest, shortest-living group, ought to take heed.)
Enjoy a chuckle or two (though not everyone will).
Suppose our society continues to bend to ideological feminists’ yearnings and demands. These demands, uneasily teaming up with chivalry, may produce many extremes. One may be a Feminist News Network channel (FNN). In the year, say, 2020, with an overvoice prattling the theme “All News Only About Women All the Time,” FNN might report the news thusly:
· “Floods have driven thousands from their homes in the small Texas town of Brownsville. Of course, women are the hardest hit, as they usually are in disasters (see Gender and Climate Change), natural and otherwise. Shelters for Brownsville women are under way, as is government funding to cover their losses.”
· “In yesterday’s North Dakota plane crash, blamed on poor aircraft designing by male engineers, two of the 189 passengers killed were women and four of the 246 injured were women. Outraged at this tragic loss of female life, feminist groups immediately demanded that the airline industry equip passenger planes with extra female-fitting restraints and other protective devices to safeguard female passengers. The industry’s initial response was positive. Moreover, a spokeswoman promised that male passengers will be surcharged to finance the additional protective equipment for women.”
· “The record on the number of soldiers killed in the Civil War has finally been removed from male influence and corrected. We now learn that over 600,000 women and girls were killed, not 600,000 men and boys as previously recorded by sexist male historians seeking to glorify men as war heroes and protectors of the nation. Other records have been corrected, and the total number of soldiers killed in wars since the Civil War now stands at over 20 million women. President Hillary Clinton has enthusiastically endorsed this update.” (See “The Mainstream Media Don’t Report Fairly on the Sexes’ Risk and Sacrifice in War.”)
· “The president of the National Organization For Women today addressed the pilot program of locking up all the men in California to prevent further violence against females in that state. She said the program, funded by the Violence Against Women Act’s ‘war chest’ of $100 billion (taken only from male taxpayers), is highly successful and should be expanded to include all states. Her recommendation appears to be a shoe-in for approval by our all-feminist Congress. This new Congress was established three years ago at the urging of the Feminist Women and Chivalrous Men Alliance. The new Congress, along with the new all-feminist U.S. Supreme Court, will remain in place for the next 50 years to compensate women for the myriad male-created laws that have oppressed women for centuries, such laws as those that grant fathers visiting rights and put limitations on child support.
· “In today’s local weather, strong winds are in the forecast. The usual cause of such foul weather has been established: men. Women are advised to take caution when venturing outside.”
· “In health news today, women are finally recognized as acquiring prostate cancer at a rate higher than men. Feminists have for years cited sexism in doctors’ diagnoses of prostate cancer, claiming the cancer has always been ignored in women. In responding, the feminist-controlled federal government moved quickly, even before feminists could issue demands for more funding to help female victims of prostate cancer. It shifted its entire remaining funding for prostate-cancer research for men — which had already been reduced to $1,500 in order to bring the funding for breast-cancer research to an even $50 billion — to research prostate cancer in women. Because this new funding for women’s prostate-cancer research is ludicrously inadequate, President Hillary Clinton has ordered the military to close all of its VA hospitals for male veterans and shift 75 percent of the $5-billion operating costs into prostate-cancer research for women. The other 25 percent will be funneled into researching why women get more hang-nails than men. The Feminist White House announced that similar shifts are to take place regarding testicular-cancer research and men’s heart disease. All this is in response to feminists’ angry outcry last year over the news that women outlive men by only 33.9 years. This gender longevity gap would be much greater, feminists say, were it not for male doctors’ sexism. The National Organization For Women recommends that male doctors be jailed immediately as a sure-fire cure for the medical sexism.”
Ahhh…I feel so much better after this venting!! (My cynicism was inspired by such books as Big Sister: How Extreme Feminism Has Betrayed the Fight for Sexual Equality.)
Am I being cynical — or am I perhaps more realistic than even I realized? Consider: President Obama very quickly created the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and, worse, the Council On Women and Girls (COWG). There is more to come. Aren’t such government fiats nudging us a little bit closer to the feminist future outlined here. Mind you, feminists are not fully satisfied with the Ledbetter Act and the “symbolic” COWG. They are truly responding à la “Give them an inch, and they will demand a mile.”
Consider, too, as of January 6, 2010: “if a new bill backed by the government is passed by France’s parliament, the French will indeed soon be able to call the police when their partner bad-mouths them and he will be charged with ‘psychological violence.’
I assume it is always going to be “he” that gets charged, since in the longish BBC news article about this proposed innovation, including interviews with women psychologists and lawyers, I saw no mention of men being victims, only perpetrators. That tells me the bill is ideologically inspired by feminists, who seem to think that women are too fragile to fend off an insult from their boyfriend, too timid to give as good as they get, or too stupid to know where the front door is….” More …